The Department of Basic Biomedical Science at the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (TouroCOM) seeks to fill a 12-month, full-time faculty position in Medical Biochemistry and Medical Genetics at its Harlem NY campus. The most qualified candidate for this position will meet the qualifications for Associate Professor or higher and serve as Course Director for the Medical Biochemistry course. Qualified applicants will be considered at Assistant Professor without initial appointment as course director. Associate or full is still preferred with immediate start as course director.
· Collaborating with faculty on the Middletown campus in the development, organization, and delivery of the Medical Biochemistry/Genetics curriculum presented simultaneously on both campuses.
· Teaching using a combination of live and recorded sessions applied in the flipped classroom format and provide timely feedback on student learning using innovative, formative, and summative assessments.
· Weekly clinical case presentations are done by the faculty
· If appointed, Course Director duties include oversight of the delivery of the Medical Biochemistry course on the Harlem campus.
· A commitment to excellence in teaching
· Conducting student interviews
· Serving as students’ advisors
· Participating on the administrative committees of the college.
· The successful candidate is expected to already have, or to develop scholarly activity that results in peer-reviewed publications.
Applicants must have a PhD in biochemistry or MD/PhD, DO/PhD in biochemistry. Also, prior teaching in a medically related biochemistry course is a plus. The successful candidate will demonstrate the potential for exceptional teaching at the medical school or graduate level in the areas mentioned in the job responsibilities section, demonstrate potential for research, and work well with the rest of faculty team.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the following areas: teaching relevant content, expertise research techniques, instructional design course management, content delivery, course assessment, student evaluation, public speaking, effective communication, working collegially with diverse teams, and interdisciplinary partnerships.
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Touro University is an equal opportunity employer. Touro University treats all employees, job applicants, and students without unlawful consideration of race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), age, disability, medical condition, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military service or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy in all decisions, including but not limited to, recruitment, the administration of educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.
Inquiries or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policies should be sent to Nicole Barnett, 50 West 47th Street, 12th Floor, New York, New York, 10036, email@example.com (646-565-6285) or, alternatively, to the Chief Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and 646-565-6000 x55330.
Association of Biochemistry Educators (ABE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
6524 SW 61st Terrace, Miami, FL 33143